Are curses for real? Can an individual be tormented in this life for the evil of ancestors many years ago? Can an enemy place a curse via witchcraft that will affect a Christian? Are all curses canceled by being saved? Are curses the stuff of Disney movies and voodoo priests or a practical aspect of ordinary life? Could you have a curse holding back your health and finances, trying to destroy your relationships, and hindering your walk with the Lord?
I’ve written an entire book on the subject of curses. (CURSE BREAKING: Freedom from the Bondage of Generational Sin -To order CLICK HERE.) Our YouTube Exorcism Channel (To view or subscribe CLICK HERE.) hosts scores of videos of real people who suffered from generational curses. Are they all to be discounted? One large church (not in the U.S.) where I ministered before to thousands, where phenomenal public deliverances occurred, has since has “disinvited” me because they now teach that generational curses aren’t real. I’m astounded that they could deny what was obviously evidenced before their own eyes.
In this brief blog I can’t state all the reasons supporting the thesis that curses are real and can affect Christians, but here are a few bullet points:
- Exodus 20:5 & 34:7 establish the perpetuity of evil visited on successive generations.
- Christ was cursed for us (Gal. 3:13), but just as with salvation the promise must be possessed.
- We are protected from curses by our walk with Christ (Prov. 26:2), but personal sin opens the door (For example, the death of King David’s illegitimate child – Deut. 23:2 & 2 Sam. 12:15-18.).
- The iniquity of our ancestors who have spoken an evil oath (Matt. 12:35-37) may result in some calamity (Matt. 5:37).
- Our ministry files document thousands of exorcism where demons tormented because of generational curses. Are all these case studies to be summarily dismissed?
- We have conducted thousands of public exorcisms when vast numbers of people have witnessed the testimony of demons validating their right to possess by generational curses. Are all these instances bogus? Are all these people psychotic? Could all this be explained away as some kind of induced suggestion to weak-minded people who repeat the same litany over and over through nearly four decades of ministry in thousands of cities in more than 100 countries and in scores of diverse cultures? That is just statistically and logically impossible.
There’s more to follow in my next blog.
An encouraging word: HIS NAME IS MAJESTIC
“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” That sentiment from Psalm 8:1 flies in the face of the casual cursing of God’s name that is so often used in vain. His name is regularly “damned” in movies, on TV, and in casual conversations as if His name meant nothing. But His name is majestic, “excellent” in the KJV. And this verse tells us that this great Lord is OUR Lord. The Creator of the universe has a relationship with His created, we who are his beloved beings. No wonder that someday every tongue on the earth shall confess that He is Lord, “to the glory of God the Father” (Philippians 2:11).
Bob Larson has trained healing and deliverance teams all over the world to set the captives free and Do What Jesus Did (Luke 4:18). You can partner with Bob and support this vision to demonstrate God’s power in action by calling 303-980-1511 or clicking here to donate online.